Thursday, February 18, 2010

In love

Missy is in bed and its quiet - mainly because she told me to turn the telly down - cheeky bugger!

I have had a productive and messy day and am a little excited by the 'new' things I made today.

I spent some time last night dying some cream wool blankets using food dye, white vinegar and hot water -recipe here - this is the first time I have used this process and I was amazed how effective it is. I didn't even measure anything, just chucked it all together and voila.

I love these pouches, the colours, the texture and that they allow a few errors without too much stress (of course i don't make mistakes). They just cheer me up and make me want to make hundreds and hundreds - well maybe 10 or 20 *grin*




This bag uses a new technique of using contact to creat a water proof section, sorta like oilcloth. It wasn't as easy as it sounded and a few choice words escaped my pure lips - I stitched and unpicked and ironed and finally here it is. I am happy with it and it is a little quirky. I love the material "Dysfunctional Family' by Michael Miller - it is so funny and maybe just a little bit true!



Well best get back to it. Time to clean up now :-(

Night

No comments:

Post a Comment